You are currently in Archive View Mode. You are now vieweing the call titled: UWS 2017 Fall Member Exhibition , which ended on 8/14/17, 8:00 PM. All call settings are read only. See Current Open Calls
Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions for Entry
- All terms and conditions for entry in this exhibition are required. UWS Exhibition Committee reserves the right to refuse any work for unacceptable quality, improper framing, damage caused by shipment, or for non-compliance of these terms and conditions. Any work, once selected by the juror, later found to be not in compliance with any term or condition, will be disqualified from exhibiting. Any artist who submits work later disqualified or who withdraws work, once selected, may be banned from participation in UWS sponsored exhibitions for a period of up to two years. The UWS Exhibition Committee’s determinations and decisions are final.
- Open to all UWS members. Participants are limited to a total of three (3) entries. No refunds once payment is received.
- By entering this exhibition, you grant the UWS permission to publish digital and print images of your artwork entered in UWS sponsored exhibitions in perpetuity for the purpose of education, for publicity in promotion of its exhibitions and your artwork, for digital and print UWS communications, such as its Newsletter, and for UWS archives.
- All work must be original. No work produced under instruction or in a workshop, or copies of another’s work or recognizable use of another's copyrighted intellectual property will be accepted.
- Must have been completed within the last two years, and not have previously been exhibited in a juried exhibit sponsored by the Utah Watercolor Society.
- All works must be rendered in water media. Artists are encouraged to paint on watercolor paper or canvas, clay board, or other experimental surfaces. Work may be varnished or glazed for surface protection.
- No water-based oils. A work that is primarily collage must use water media paper painted by the artist. A work that is mixed media/collage must use at least 80% water-based media in conjunction with other media, such as pastel, crayon, printed collage papers, and found papers. These "other media" may not be the dominant element. No work with 3-dimensional found objects or digital art will be accepted. Acceptable water media includes: transparent watercolor, gouache, ink, acrylic, casein, egg tempura. Any questions on acceptable media should be discussed with the Exhibition Coordinator prior to entry submission. ?
- All paintings must be framed and ready to hang with wire supports. BDAC has recommended using D-Hooks as they work best with their hanging system. More information will be sent to artists juried into the exhibition. No gallery-wrap presentations. Glass, Plexiglas and/or mat are acceptable but not required. Paintings presented without Glass or Plexiglas must have a protective coating or varnish applied.
- Smallest unframed image must be at least 140 square inches. (Multiply height by the width to get square inches.) There is no maximum image size limit.
- Examples: 10x14 inch image is 140 square inches. Correct size.
9x12 inch image is 108 square inches. This image is too small. Will not be accepted.
- Works juried for the exhibition must be delivered to the venue at the time stated in this prospectus, and must remain for the duration of the show. Artists may not substitute another work for an accepted work nor withdraw the work once accepted. Artists whose work is selected and then not delivered at the designated delivery date to the exhibition venue is considered withdrawn.
- Work selected for the exhibition must be delivered to the venue at the time stated in this prospectus, and must remain for the duration of the show. Artists may not substitute another work for an accepted work nor withdraw the work once accepted. Artists who do withdraw work may be denied entry in future UWS exhibitions for two years. By entering this exhibition, you grant permission to use your artwork image in publicity.
- A commission of 35% will be deducted from all sales. No changes in price or other entry details can be made after the submission deadline. By entering this show, the artist enters a contract with the gallery, which will be the acting agent for the sale of their artwork.
- UWS reserves the right to refuse, upon arrival, any piece for unacceptable quality not discernible in the digital image, improper framing, or damage caused by shipment. Juror’s decision is final.
- Paintings may be floated. For this show, colored mats are acceptable. Stable backing material required. Work submitted without a frame will not be accepted.
- See “Calendar of Events” for artwork delivery and pickup information. Handling ($15) and storage ($5/week) fees will be assessed on paintings not retrieved on time. Artists not able to retrieve paintings on specified dates must make arrangements for someone else to pick up the work.
- While utmost care will be taken in handling entries and artwork, neither UWS nor its representative will be responsible for damage or loss from any cause.
- Artists who sell paintings may be asked to complete a W9 form for the gallery. Click this link for a blank W9 form. The form also can be downloaded from the resources page of the UWS website, utahwatercolor.org.
This call has agreed to ArtCall.org Terms & Conditions